What kind of church are we?
7 Mountains Church is a non-denominational church. Our core principles are listed below. If you are seeking greater detail in understanding what 7 Mountains Church believes, we invite you to call 608-618-3557 and speak with Pastor Josh. Thank you, and God bless!
What We Believe
- We believe and teach that God is the absolute and sole creator of the universe and that creation was by His choice and decision. (Genesis 1:1-2:25)
- We believe and teach that God loves people, all people. By His choice and decision He came, in love, to earth in the person of Jesus Christ to save us from our sin. (Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 53:1-6; Matthew 1:21; John 3:16-17; Romans 5:8, Ephesians 1:3-6)
- We believe and teach that God invites us into a personal relationship with Him (2 Peter 1:3-4) in order to know Him, love Him, experience His life and be changed into His likeness (Philippians 1:9-11; 1 John 3:2-3; 1 John 4:13-16)
- We believe and teach that Jesus Christ in the flesh was both God and man, born of a virgin, tempted as we are, lived His life without sin, taught and brought the mighty works and wonders, and signs exactly as revealed in the Gospels. He loved, was crucified, died as a payment for our sin, and was raised from the dead bodily on the third day. Later He ascended to the Father's right hand where He is now preparing to come again personally, bodily, and visibly to this earth. (Philippians 2:5-8; Luke 1:26-35; Hebrews 4:14-15; 1 Peter 23:21-24; 1 Corinthians 15:3-5; Acts 12:9-11; Ephesians 1:18-23; Romans 8:31-34; 1 John 2:1-2; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16; John 14:1-6)
- We believe and teach that in Jesus' death, by His shed blood, He made a perfect atonement for sin. People are saved, justified and sanctified on the simple and single ground of the Lord Jesus Christ's shed blood. (Hebrews 9:11-14; Hebrews 10:10-13; Ephesians 1:7; 1 Peter 3:18; Galatians 3:13-14; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Romans 8:31-34)
- We believe and teach that the Holy Spirit is alive and well in every believer. He instructs, comforts, convicts, guides, and gives to every Christian gifts to build up and edify the church (John 14:15-27; John 16:5-15; Romans 12:3-6; 1 Corinthians 12:1-11; Ephesians 4:11-13; 1 Peter 4:10).
- We believe and teach that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is essential to live the supernatural life and ministry God has called us into before the foundation of the world.
- We believe and teach that the Holy Spirit is one person of the Godhead, the Trinity. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit exist eternally in three persons and yet are one in God. (Matthew 28:19; John 14:16; John 16:7-15)
OUR CALLING - Completeness and Oneness
7 Mountains church's focus is the "Great Commission" as Jesus instructed us in Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-20, Luke 24:46-49, John 20:21-23, and Acts 1:4-8. No more, no less. The number "7" always represents "completeness" in the scriptures. We are 7 Mountains Church because we believe that in completeness and oneness with each other and all believers that the world will come to believe that Jesus came from God. In John 17:20-26 Jesus prayed that we would be one with each other in the same way Jesus was one with the Father. This is accomplished by Jesus in us, and through Him, the Father in us as well. That we would be completely one together. THEN, the world would know that Jesus was sent by God.